Thursday, July 1, 2010

Is there a trash can nearby?

OK...I did it....I went to the kick boxing class....and...it kicked my butt.  I should have known that I was in trouble when she said, "we're going to kick it up a notch today and use the Step...." Kick it up a notch? Are you kidding?   It was an hour long class....I made it 30 minutes.


At the half-way mark, I had three choices.
1.  Throw up on the floor (and mind you, I was in the front row)
2.  Pass out
3.  Casually excuse myself to go find a cylinder of oxygen.

I decided to go with number 3...it seemed the least disruptive to the class.  Joy stayed and made it the full 60 minutes...and I mean, 60 minutes.  I think she actually went 63 minutes. I did 30 minutes of the elliptical for penance. 

 If you read my party analogy in the last post, now I feel like the unpopular kid that tripped and fell in the middle of the party that my mother got me an invitation to.  But truly, the only thing that is wounded is...my pride...my dignity...and believe it or not, even in the 30 minutes....my arms, shoulders and thighs.  This teacher is an animal...One in really good shape that can move like a machine for 60 minutes and not even breathe hard.

So...I'm whipped...I'm embarrassed....I'm slightly sick to my stomach....and unfortunately, I ran out of BP meds about three days ago so my blood pressure is elevated.  So...tomorrow, I will be hitting up the pharmacy.  I know...I know...I give lectures on this stuff.  Stupid for me to let it run out.  Feel free to yell at me...I would be yelling at you if you did it.   I am attributing my Kick Boxing experience to my elevated blood pressure...sounds good, doesn't it?  I'll be testing my theory, however.  I'm taking that stinking class again on Tuesday...and Thursday...and Tuesday again.  I am going to make it through the whole class if it kills me (which it might!).  I have something to prove to myself.  I AM NOT THE UNPOPULAR KID AT THE CHEERLEADERS PARTY!!!!  I am a successful, intelligent woman that happens to have a weight problem and almost throws up in kickboxing class.....hmmmm....not sounding much better!

So...again....if you have ever been the one who tripped...or fell...or had to leave an exercise class half way through, please share.   I would love to have someone to commiserate with! 

Love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment